No Products in the Cart
Company Name: MCD Sports
Company Number: 10972221
- the best bits
We only use your data to improve your MCD Sports experience
- keeping it real
We’ll talk to you straight – no stress, no worries
- No Junk
You choose what and how we speak to you
- Super Safe
Your Data is Protected 24 / 7
Everything we do at MCD Sports is about you! Things change, but it’s nothing to worry about. We take our customers’ privacy and security very seriously and we are 100% committed to protecting it so you can shop away without a single worry. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, just shout us @ email@example.com
HOW WE USE YOUR DATA
If you have any questions in relation to this policy or generally how your personal data is processed by us, please contact our customer care team by letter addressed to WATERGATE BROXHILL ROAD HAVERING ATTE BOWER ROMFORD RM4 1QH by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 00447403699970
This policy applies to any personal data that we collect about you when you:
- visit our one of our websites;
- purchase products from us online;
- contact us, for example by telephone, email, post or through submitting a form on our websites.
WHO ARE WE?
The controller of your information for the purposes of the Data Protection Laws will depend on which member of the MCD Sports you are dealing with.
The relevant controller above is responsible for your personal data. This policy applies to all of the controllers above and the JD Group as a whole. Our brands each have their own websites. This central policy provides information to you about the basis on which the JD Group as a whole collects, uses, stores and shares your information. We will use your personal data fairly, lawfully and in a transparent manner and in accordance with the Data Protection Laws.
The brand MCD Sports may send you marketing messages by email, SMS, social media and post; about us and our products; where you have not unsubscribed and where you have purchased similar products and/or services from that brand or entity, or where you have otherwise signed up, or consented, to receive marketing messages from a brand or entity.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU?
If you have an account with us or make a purchase online with us, or enter a competition or respond to a survey with us, we collect your name and contact details (including your address, telephone number, details about your order, and your billing information (where you are purchasing products)).
We also collect details of your interactions with us through our customer contact centres and online. For example, when you telephone one of our contact centres, we collect notes of our conversations with you and details of your query and from time to time we may record your calls for training and monitoring purposes. We also collect information about the purchases that you make, your saved items, your payment information, any complaints and comments that you make and your shopping preferences.
Each time you visit our websites, we will also automatically collect information and personal data about your computer for system administration including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type. We do this to help us analyse how users use the websites (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices), to establish more about our website users and to assist us in managing your account and improving your online experience. We also collect information about your activities on our websites, for example, what device you are using and what products you’re looking at.
Please note that, from time to time, we will combine personal data that we receive from other sources with personal data you give to us and personal data we collect about you.
WHERE DO WE GET THIS INFORMATION FROM?
We collect some of your information directly from you, either through the information that you give to us or information that we collect during your visits to our website or through your communications with us. We may also obtain some information from third parties, including retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies and credit reference agencies and publicly available sources to assist us with understanding customer demographics and shopper behaviours, or where we merge with or otherwise acquire another business.
Information that you give us:
- You may share personal data about yourself with us by:
- filling in forms on our website, including when you purchase products online, submit queries to us, create an account on our website and/or sign up to receive promotional material and newsletters;
- responding to a survey or entering a competition with us;
- giving us information about yourself in any communication with us, either by telephone, e-mail, post or otherwise, either in connection with your account, purchases, or to report a complaint or issue.
- You are not obliged to provide your personal data to us. However, if you do not provide your personal data to us, we may not be able to fulfil your order or provide other services to you or respond to your queries.
Information that we collect about you:
- We collect personal data about you:
- when you visit our website, including details of your visits to our websites including, but not limited to, Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, MAC addresses, traffic data, location data, your login information, time-zone setting browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, weblogs, cookies and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- when you link your Twitter, Instagram or Facebook accounts with us, to enable you to log onto our websites simply and securely without having to create a new account;
- when you contact us in relation to our products, services, a complaint or another query or issue. In particular, calls to our contact centre will be recorded for training and monitoring purposes from time to time.
Information that we receive from other sources:
- We will receive personal data about you from other third parties, including:
- in connection with any mergers or acquisitions where we obtain your information from another company.
- When we work with retail analytics companies, consumer insight companies, credit reference agencies and through our use of information from publicly available sources.
WHY DO WE NEED YOUR INFORMATION?
The main purpose for which we use your information is to provide you with the products that you purchase from us and to send you offers and promotions that you might be interested in.
In particular, we use your information:
- to provide you with the products that you have purchased from us and any receipts of purchase, including to deliver your products, and to send you to order status updates;
- to take payments for the products that you have purchased and to give refunds or exchanges;
- to provide customer service and support to you;
- to develop and improve our products and services;
- to develop and improve our website and set default options for you (such as language and currency) and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner;
- to provide you with information that you request from us or which we feel may interest you. We may send you marketing information by email, SMS or post. This can include information about new products and offers that you may find interesting;
- to research our customers’ preferences and trending products;
- to run surveys and competitions;
- to notify you about changes to our products;
BASIS FOR USING YOUR INFORMATION
Compliance with legal obligations
As a corporate company, there are certain laws we need to comply with. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity and for fraud and crime prevention purposes. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up / as you use our website may mean we cannot provide our products to you, as to allow you to purchase our products may mean we may be in breach of our legal obligations. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
Necessary for the entry into or performance of a contract
When you enter into a transaction with us, a contract between you and the relevant brand will have been entered into. In order for us to fulfil our obligations under such contract (e.g. to allow you to place an order and receive products from us), we will need to collect and process your personal information. Failure to provide the requisite personal information on sign-up to an account or on placing an order and payment information or objecting to this type of processing / exercising your deletion rights will mean we cannot provide our products to you.
Legitimate business interests
- provide you with products as requested by you;
- carry out research to understand our customers and how they purchase and use our products;
- develop and improve our products.
We are required to carry out a balancing test of our legitimate business interests in using your personal data outlined above against your interests and rights under the Data Protection Laws and regulations in the relevant territory. As a result of our balancing test, which is detailed below, we have determined, acting reasonably and considering the circumstances, that we are able to process your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Laws on the basis that we have a legitimate business interest.
- We have a legitimate interest in processing your information as:
we both benefit from the effective management of your account(s) (where applicable);
- we both benefit from the effective management, operation and administration of our website;
- we both benefit from the provision of products, services and support and from improvements to our services;
- we both benefit from updates to our website;
- we will both benefit from the ability to enforce or apply rights under any contract between us;
- we are required to ensure the health and safety of our customers and the security of our stored data and have a legitimate interest in ensuring any processes relating to the same are effective and that fraud and other crimes are prevented and detected;
- we would be unable to provide our products and services without processing your information; and
- we have a legitimate interest in processing your information in connection with any mergers, acquisitions or reorganisation of our business, in which case some of your information may be shared with a prospective buyer or otherwise but only so far as is strictly necessary for the purposes of such sale or administration.
Impact of processing:
We consider that it is reasonable for us to process your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests outlined above as the processing of your personal data does not unreasonably intrude on your privacy.
As set out above, we will send you marketing communications where you have not told us that you wish to unsubscribe and where you have purchased similar products and/ or services from the same brand or legal entity (as set out in the table above). You will also receive marketing communications from us where you have signed up, or otherwise consented, to receive marketing messages from a brand or entity within the JD Group.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We do not, and will not, sell any of your information to any third party, including your name, address, email address or credit card information. However, we do share your information with a number of select third parties to enable us to provide our products and services to you, to send marketing information and to improve our business operations as set out below.
- we will share your information with other members of the MCD Sports where you have consented for us to do so for the purposes of receiving marketing from those other MCD Sports members;
We will also use a number of carefully selected third parties to help us to provide you with products, services and to market to you. In particular, we disclose your information to:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, warehouses, order packers and delivery companies;
- Our trusted service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, website hosts and other third parties who provide services to help us to tailor our marketing to you;
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement and fraud prevention agencies;
- Companies approved by you, such as social media sites, including companies such as Facebook and Google; and
- We will provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
We will only share your information with third-party suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us with the services we need.
We may disclose your information to other companies in connection with any merger, acquisition, insolvency situation or otherwise, in which case we will only disclose your information so far as is necessary.
We may also need to disclose personal data to third parties to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or if necessary for legal proceedings.
WHAT AUTOMATED DECISIONS DO WE MAKE ABOUT YOU?
We carry out some profiling of you for the purposes of improving and developing our products and services and to help us to tailor our marketing to you.
The impact of any automated decision is to ensure you experience the best service possible.
We use information that we learn about you such as your gender, preferences, hobbies, interests and purchase history to make sure the marketing you receive from us and the way our website is displayed to you are appropriate and tailored to you.
Retention of your personal data
- cookies are deleted in accordance with our cookies policy
- marketing consents will be refreshed/deleted after 4 years, however, our aim is only to market to you for as long as we believe you want to continue hearing from us based on how you interact with us.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we will also keep hold of some of your information, even if it is no longer needed to provide our services to you.
Security of your personal data
Transmission of information via the internet is not and cannot be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHAT NON-PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We may also collect non-personally identifiable information (that is, information that does not specifically identify you), for the purposes of aggregates and statistics.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE?
In some instances, we may be unable to carry out your request, in which case we will contact you to explain why.
You have the right to request access to your personal data:
You have the right to request confirmation that your personal data is being processed, access to your personal data (through us providing a copy) and other information about how we process your personal data.
You have the right to ask us to rectify your personal data:
You have the right to request that we rectify your personal data if it is not accurate or not complete.
You have the right to ask us to erase your personal data:
You have the right to ask us to erase or delete your personal data where there is no reason for us to continue to process your personal data. This right would apply if we no longer need to use your personal data to provide products to you, where you withdraw your consent for us to send you marketing information, or where you object to the way we process your personal data.
You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data:
You have the right to ask us to restrict or block the processing of your personal data that we hold about you. This right applies where you believe the personal data is not accurate, you would rather we block the processing of your personal data rather than erase your personal data, where we don’t need to use your personal data for the purpose we collected it for but you may require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
You have the right to port your personal data:
You have the right to obtain and reuse your personal data from us to reuse for your own purposes across different services. This allows you to move personal data easily to another organisation, or to request us to do this for you.
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data:
You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on the basis of our legitimate business interests, unless we are able to demonstrate that, on balance, our legitimate interests override your rights or we need to continue processing your personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
You have the right not to be subject to automated decisions:
You have the right to object to any automated decision making, including profiling, where the decision has a legal or significant impact on you.
You have the right to withdraw your consent:
You have the right to withdraw your consent where we are relying on it to use your personal data, for example where we are relying on your consent to send you marketing information.
We always give you the choice of whether or not you wish to receive marketing communications from us.
By contacting us email@example.com can tell us that you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us and we will update your records. You can also click on the unsubscribe link in any promotional emails.
WHAT IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT?
Our website is operated by MCD Sports plc and it’s a company
Cookies help us to provide you with a better customer experience when you browse our website and allow us to improve and tailor the website for you. For example, we keep track of the domains from which people visit and we also measure visitor activity on the website. We use the information that we collect to measure the number of visitors to the different areas of our websites to improve website functionality and to ensure we can process and fulfil your orders.
If you wish to remove cookies placed on your device by our websites or stop our website from placing further cookies on your device you can do this at any time, learn how to do this below, in the Managing cookies section.
By visiting our website with your browser settings adjusted to allow cookies, you are consenting to the use of non-essential cookies and acknowledging our use of essential cookies for the purposes outlined below in order to provide you with a fully functional, tailored shopping experience.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded and stored on your computer or mobile device by websites that you visit. Where cookie technology is not available, an anonymous identifier may be used. An anonymous identifier is a random string of characters used for the same purposes as a cookie.
Your browser accesses the cookie file only when you visit the website that generated it. This helps to ease your navigation by automatically logging you in and remembering things like your preferences and what’s in your shopping basket. Cookies allow websites like ours to deliver you a personalized shopping experience.
The information stored within any given cookie can only be accessed by the website that created it and cookies are limited to communicating only the information that you have disclosed to the site
Managing cookies: Enabling and Disabling
If cookies aren’t enabled on your computer, it will mean that your shopping experience on our website will be limited to browsing and researching; you won’t be able to add products to your basket or buy them. To enable and manage cookies, you can use your browser to do. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
We use the following types of cookie
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of four websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our websites or make purchases. We do not require your consent to place these cookies. Nevertheless, you may be able to block these cookies yourself on your device/ browser, but restricting these cookies is likely to mean that our websites will not work as you would expect and certain functionality may be inoperable.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognize you when you return to our websites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name \and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or \ region).
- Performance Cookies. These cookies allow us to improve the functionality and experience of our site, these include third-party cookies which collect information to help better tailor our advertising to your interests, preferences and past activity
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our websites, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. This information will be used by us and third parties to make our websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose but only if you consent to such sharing.
- Social Website/Re-marketing Cookies. So you can easily “Like” or share our content, we have included sharing buttons on our website for certain social media sites such as Facebook and Twitter. These cookies are set by the third-party social media sites to which they relate, including:
Changes to this cookies policy and more information
Any changes to this cookies policy in the future will be posted on this page and we will take all measures necessary to communicate any changes to this cookies policy to you. Please check back frequently to see any updates or changes to this cookies policy. We will also bring your attention to such changes by updating our cookie banner/ pop-up.